1.21.2014

In class this week

We're shooting with a 4x5 film camera. At first I wasn't too thrilled about it. I mean, I thought we were finished with film? Now we have to go back to it? Don't get me wrong, film was fun. It really makes you slow down and appreciate the art of photography. But developing is a pain in my you-know-what. If I never have to see another dark room it will be too soon. But once I got my hands on this 4x5 camera, it was love. I felt like a pro with my head under the dark cloth and looking at my subject as it appeared upside down on the glass. For a lack of better word -- it was COOL! 

Tomorrow we begin shooting our first assignment with the 4x5. Something about a chair and dressing it up... Either way though, it's going to be neat. I'll try to remember to share the results. 

Wish me luck!

 photo lauriesig2_zps9ddb0c9f.jpg

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! I have experience with a 4x5 view camera and love it! Developing the film is a little more nerve racking than 120 or 35 mm. Are you learning all about tilt and shift? Oh and there is that crazy math equation to find out the correct exposure time! Hope your having fun with it!

    I once took the same 4x5 camera out into a snow storm, wasn't my brightest idea.

    -Brittany
    http://pittsburghglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I've never shot with one of those! I've shot medium format though :)

    http://www.thecrackedlensblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! Definitely share the results!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...