4.07.2013

our trip to the mountains

i've been swamped at work. so swamped that i had to work on Easter. it was a real bummer. i was so bummed, i refused to decorate eggs. i was sort of throwing a fit. not my finest moment. in order to cheer me up {& also because he's the greatest man... eva} M booked us a trip in the north georgia mountains where i got to do whatever i wanted. at first i thought it was an april fools joke but he showed me where we'd be staying & had our bags packed as proof. let me apologize in advance for the photo overload.
     
we hiked most of the first day & ate lunch by the neatest waterfall. 
water was freezing, yet we still got in.

another {smaller} waterfall we passed.
after a long morning & afternoon hike, i wanted to visit the nearby german & holland inspired town where we shopped around & ate authentic german meals.
the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. they have to be my favorite flowering tree.
the next morning we wanted to hike another trail. this one was less occupied but didn't have any waterfalls. 
there's a whole folder of pictures but i thought these would suffice. i instagrammed mostly food. & let me tell you, pounds of delicious food was consumed, including a pound and a half of fudge.  
the trip was just what i needed. though i didn't relax much, the time together was relaxing in a peaceful manner. oh mini vacation, you were such a treat. thanks for reminding me to indulge every once in a while. & thanks M for planning it all. you know how to spoil me.

xoxo
-L

i'm be guest posting about our 365 project over on chelsea's blog. be sure to stop by!

19 comments:

  1. looks like a blast, and the light in these photos- amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, it was so much fun. we made sure to use all the time we had :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Laurie! Stopping by from Chelsea's blog-- new follower via Bloglovin'! I really loved your guys' 365 project, what a cute idea! & really great photos from your hike! Looking forward to reading more. Have a great week.
    -Leia @ Latitude Adjustment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for following along!!! i love meeting bloggers/readers!!

      Delete
  3. How sweet! Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I LOVE your picture a day idea!!! I found your blog from that guest post and am so happy that I did! I am your newest follower! I would love to try that with my husband!
    That hike you guys too looks beautiful! I love hiking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you leeann! you & your hubs should do it too. it's a fun way to capture your year :) we LOVE hiking too. we do it almost weekly!! thank for following :)))

      Delete
  5. These photos are amazing! I just saw your guest post btw, loved those photos as well! On another note, I have your button up times two hahaha I just approved the second one without realizing I already had one up! Oh jet lag....lol! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i just noticed that too. ooops :) hope that darn jet lag.

      Delete
  6. Looks stunning! Those waterfalls look incredible x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, there were several different waterfalls, all different :)

      Delete
  7. Saw your post over on Lost.in.Travels, and commented. following on Bloglovin, would love if you checked out my blog too. x


    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a man what a man! what a great surprise! i love those waterfalls and those cherry blossoms! those are by far my favorite flowers, too bad they only stick around for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i was happily surprised with him :) & i agree, i wish cherry blossoms stuck around more. their flowers are so pretty to only be here for a short time.

      Delete
  9. I looove the cherry blossoms! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are the cutest little adventurers... I love it!

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...