4.09.2013

moment of peace

i'm 23 going on 24. yeah, that's young. young enough to still learn, make mistakes & grow. i've barley scrapped the surface of this life & i know that. i also know that my God has plans for me. plans specifically designed for me. but what i don't know is just that. what are His plans for me. what does He want me to do & what am i supposed to be doing? it's frustrating, you know?!

well, i'm returning to school this fall {yay! round two here i come!}. after my cousin died in a fatal car wreck last month, it put everything into a clearer perspective for me. it's been heavy on my heart to do what i love; not just what i want to do, but what i truly enjoy doing. & that's simple -- i LOVE taking pictures. so this fall i'm returning to school to get a degree in photography. i've prayed & fasted about this upcoming change & you know what? it feels right. i'm excited about this & it feels good -- almost peaceful.

you never know with Him, sometimes you think you've got it all figured out, then He laughs & throws you in the other direction. so maybe this isn't meant for me, & if not, i'll not return to school & do another post like this ;) i'm still young, i have time.

-L
image source

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. haha you crack me up! & yes, this summer i'll happily snap as many pics of the hackett clan :)

      Delete
  2. i think that's such an awesome idea! i love watching God's plans unfold right before you. it could be something that you never expected and yet you end up loving (cough cough, teaching!) haha i never NEVER thought i would be a teacher but here i am! God sure does have a sense of humor. I can't wait to follow along while you're learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chels. I love your situation because you two were brave & trusted in God that everything would work out & He would provide for y'all. & He did! What? Two years later & y'all are still there? I think that's awesome. I want that. Knowing that what I'm doing He has a hand in it :) Love ya!

      Delete
  3. That is wonderful Laurie! I think you will do lovely in whatever you put your heart into :) I love that you are putting your trust in God and letting him guide you in the direction he wants you to go! I am excited to see where he leads you! You have an amazing eye for photography from what little I've seen on your blog :) Good luck, you will rock at it!

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shio. Yeah, I'm excited to see what unfolds. It's also a little frustrating because I'm about to complete a degree I've been working on for four years but I'm returning to school this fall for a totally different degree. Oh well :) Thanks for being so sweet!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on heading back to school! That's so exciting, and I'm happy that you're able to start down a path of something that you love. I've struggled with the same thing, as I'm sure everyone does-What do I do with my life!? haha I'm glad you're one step closer to figuring it out :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! I THINK I'm on step closer lol. But it does feel right, so I'm going for it :)

      Delete
  5. As long as we put our trust in Him who creates us nothing will go wrong! :) All the best in all you do! You are truly talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, yet sometimes I need to reminded of this often. Thank you Rachel :)

      Delete
  6. That's so exciting! God definitely does like to surprise us and keep us on our toes, doesn't He? :) And I can totally see you as a photographer--your photos are so amazing here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He does :) Thanks girl! You're always so sweet!

      Delete
  7. I recently just changed my career in hopes of becoming a personal trainer. I know that that is my passion and I hope that God will provide. Thank you so much for sharing. Good luck with your new transition! I doubt you will regret following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're listening to what God has planned for you. :) And...photography is a GREAT thing to go to school for! I'm thinking about going back myself to get a degree in it...when we eventually move back to the States. Most of the time the paths that God leads us on are super scary when we begin traveling down them, but then we realize how AMAZING our life becomes!

    So excited for your new adventure. :)

    Amanda|Living in Another Language

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...