2.04.2013

one year ago i said "no"?

it's a weird feeling thinking about how much my life -- our life -- has changed since last year. before last year i was confident i would be an independent working woman, living on my own with maggie, paying my own bills before i ever thought about marriage. you know, "living the life". but one year ago today, on a routine hike at our hiking grounds, M kept asking to take pictures {way out of character}. we were three miles in when the tripod was set up for the last time...
as i'm posing for the picture, i feel for M & realize he's not in reach. i turn to him & see he's on one knee. i was in SHOCK! that's an understatement. this was so unexpected. we had NEVER talked about getting married. i mean, we knew we wanted to marry each other, but just never once talked about it. so my initial response was "no". no as in, "no. this can't be happening. is this real?" that kind of no. i didn't notice i was saying "no" until M got this horrified sickening look & started to pull away. that's when i caught myself & said, "yes". poor guy was about to faint.

i wish self-timer allowed for more than ten pictures because it would have caught me joining him on the ground, in tears, kissing & hugging, smiling & more tears. the moment was so raw & private, sometimes i wish it was caught on video just so i can see it all over again. 

after that day, the idea of being an independent working woman, living on my own was something i no longer wanted. i wanted to experience everything new, tough, exciting, & stressful with M. because i knew my life would immediately be better with him. & thus we got married six months later surrounded by our family & friends. 
this was actually the last time the tripod was set up. i look like a hot mess, but notice the ring? woohoo!

happy one year engagement anniversary babe {wow, that's a mouth full}.
it's been a joy being yours. 
i love you, oh so much. 

6 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable! So cute engagement story! I love the idea M had, with the tripod :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, he as clever with that tripod :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love this story. I never really thought about marriage when I was living in DC. I had my dream job and a studio apt (small, but it was mine) and then I met B. I dropped everything to move abroad with him but I wouldn't change it for the world. Funny how things change. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how we think we want one thing but something as simple as love can change all that. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I love reading engagement stories like yours. So cute and so are those photos! Good thinking on M's part for bringing along and using the tripod. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he's a clever handsome guy. Thanks girl!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...